Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall Has Arrived!

Autumn has arrived! My favorite time of year! We live on some acreage that basks in the glorious fall colors. We also have a breath taking view of Mt Hood which I will add some pictures of as the fall colors change! I've gotten underway with the decorating for Halloween! As I said earlier I normally start this around the 15th of September. I'm still working hard in between trying to get all my new products listed before October 1st. Soon I think I will be chained to my computer for several days! I did want to point out our Autumn Splendor Dinnerware Set that I have listed on my website. These are primitive folk art design by artist David Harden. This set is absolutely one of my favorites & it has been retired & very hard to find. It's been selling like hotcakes this season so get yours while you can!
On another note I've been having some retail therapy of my own! I'm really in to the vintage Halloween decor & have added to my collection! I found this wonderful Spooky Greetings Treat Chest at Hallmark that I bought for creepy critters & candy for the boys. We found a cut off hand at the store that is made of gummy so it is eatable but Mr. Ford & I can't stomach the thought of actually eating it. The treat box is also a talking one and makes this creaking noise when you open it! Very cool!

On Halloween I'm having a little get-together with family and friends before we venture out trick or treating! I bought a bunch of Wilton Halloween sprinkles in different Halloween shapes, ghosts, pumpkins, cats and colored sugar sprinkles to make decorated sugar cookies for everyone. I have also decided to make an attempt to make these Pull-Apart Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes that I found in Woman's World, October 20th, 2008 that I thought was really cute! Here's a picture:









1 comment:

  1. I would like that recipe please because I saw it in a waiting room magazine but the next day someone took it out of it. Also do you have the sherbet punch recipe?

    ReplyDelete

Content Copyright Sweethearts Nest - All Rights Reserved

Design by Victoria's Shabby Cottage